Diabetes and the Implications for the Physical Therapist– Diabetes occurs in 25 million people in this country; seven million people unaware that they have it. Complications of diabetes can be deadly, and proper diagnosis and management are crucial. Physical therapists in homecare, inpatient, and outpatient services will increasingly encounter patients with this disease. Proper understanding of complications, medications, and management is crucial in providing patient care.
1. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes: their definition and their differences.
2. Proper diagnosis of type 1 and type 2 diabetes and monitoring of patients.
3. Disease states associated with diabetes.
4. Diabetes medications and side effects, as well as non-drug therapy.
5. Safe performance of physical therapy to patients with diabetes.
3.0 Free CEUs for Physical Therapists