Prescription Drug Abuse: From Bad to Worse
To improve the advanced practice clinician’s awareness of related to prescription drug abuse and steps to take to help reduce the potential for prescription drug abuse
1. Define and identify trends in prescription drug abuse.
2. List prescription medications that may commonly be drugs
3. Recall the dangers of nonmedical use of prescription drugs.
4. Distinguish potential behaviors or methods that may
characterize drug abusers or drug-seeking patients.
5. Describe steps the advanced practice clinician can take
to help increase awareness of and reduce the potential for
prescription drug abuse.
1.0 Free Contact Hours for Nurse Practitioners which includes 0.75 Pharmacology Hours